- Full Time
What we offer:
- Base Salary £21,242
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays and public holidays
- Peoples Pension
- Performance and loyalty rewards including travel vouchers
Hours: Full time, 38 hours per week, working on a three-week rolling rota.
Purple Dragon is a luxury private members club, providing effortless family time, all of the time, for families with children up to twelve years of age. We’re the place for children that loves adults, where great memories are made.
Play is the heart of our business and we take it seriously – it’s how children learn and whilst we’re a hospitality business there’s an educational by-product to what we do.
Play Buddies are responsible for ensuring that members and their guests have fun and enjoy all of the great activities and facilities we offer, every time they visit. Play buddies are brand ambassadors and this is a critical customer-facing role where they are paid to play and deliver play activities to high service standards.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver creative and imaginative play sessions in structured classes with enthusiasm and fun!
- To facilitate free play with members throughout the club – being inclusive and welcoming to all.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety, in line with the club’s procedures and policies. Completing appropriate checks and recording and reporting of hazards and incidents.
- To set up the play areas for activities, rotate and clean resources and ensure a range of age appropriate toys and games are available and ready for play.
- Prepare for and deliver weekly adventures and experiences ensuring these are safe, age appropriate and engaging in accordance with planning framework and timetable.
- Supervise and monitor group play, assisting and intervening where appropriate. Assist in implementing our Fair Play Code, leading by example and communicating consistently.
- To work as a team to deliver a 5* family experience for our members.
- To undertake such other duties as the Management of the Club might reasonably expect appropriate to the job grade.
- To be alert to hazards at work and to be aware of responsibility for personal safety in addition to Purple Dragon’s legal responsibilities.
Qualifications & skills required:
- Minimum of NVQ Level 2 In Play Work or Childcare or equivalent or higher. Other relevant qualifications will also be considered, such as a BA in Art or Music.
- Previous experience of delivering children’s activities in professional settings such as; childcare, play or educational environments.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Clear Enhanced DBS.
Personal attributes required:
- Driven to deliver high service standards.
- Passionate about play, child engagement and having fun!
- Enthusiasm to partake in a range of play activities including; cooking, music, sport, storytelling and art.
- Have a huge imagination.
- Be creative and able to think outside the box.
- Be organized, calm and professional.
- Be a great communicator with both children and adults.
- Have massive energy and stamina.
- Kind and considerate.
- Have amazing attention to detail.
Qualifications or skills desired:
- Ability to play an instrument.
- Music teaching experience.
- Artistic talent.
- Previous experience in Montessori settings.
For more information and to apply please click the Apply button.
Apply for Play Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly