SEND Nursery Nurse
Petra’s Place is a Nursery and Therapy Centre located on Fulham Road, London.
We are currently operating as an Early Intervention Therapy Centre for children under the age of 5 with autism and developmental delay. As part of our continued growth we will be offering a 26-place nursery for children with special needs opening in September 2020. We will specialise in autism although welcome children with developmental delay and associated needs.
We are looking for a dedicated, friendly and compassionate SEND Nursery Nurse to come on board at this exciting time and help us grow the Nursery into a world class centre, dedicated to supporting the needs of its children. Candidates must have at least the NVQ or CACHE Level 3 qualification and experience of working with children from 2 to 5 years with special needs. This role is an immediate start.
- Liaising with parents on all aspects of their child's care and development.
- Strong knowledge and experience of using the EYFS framework to underpin planning, assessments and have the ability to plan next steps in each goal/targeted area.
- Creating and monitoring activities with the children.
- Being a motivated team player but should also have the ability to work on your own initiative to develop or suggest new programmes where you think they are needed and will add value.
- Providing personal care for the children where required.
- At least 2 year’s-experience of working with children with special needs.
- NVQ level 3/ CACHE Level 3 or above/ BTEC National in Childcare or equivalent.
- The ability to reference exceptional dedication to childcare.
- Have at least 6 months experience in a childcare/nursery/school setting.
- The role would be 35 hours a week on a roster basis between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch
- Initial holiday entitlement of 28 days PA (including bank holidays)
- We operate a 3 month notice period.
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- Workplace pension after probationary period.
- On-going training.
- Friendly, inclusive working environment.
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com. We are looking for candidates that can start immediately if successful. All successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process. All appointments are conditional to successful checks being carried out and suitable references received.