- Contract Type
POSITION: Nursery Manager
LOCATION: Walton Montessori School and Nursery
HOURS: This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week all year round
SALARY: £35,000- £40,000 depending on experience
Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Walton Montessori School and Nursery, based in Walton-on-Thames.
The pre-school has high regard in the local community and prides itself on being an environment where children can learn through play, but also at their own individual rate whilst their development is being extended and challenged from passionate, motivated and dedicated Early Years Practitioners.
Walton Montessori believes in and follows the Montessori philosophy and ethos. Meaning children learn through experimental play delivered by practitioners with specialised skills, techniques and materials. Allowing all the children to develop at their own individual rate, giving the child a voice and their own say on their learning. The Montessori ethos embeds manners, rules and boundaries into the children’s everyday life at pre-school and this soon becomes second nature to the children allowing for a stimulating, engaging and calm environment for the children, parents and staff.
The role will suit someone who has previous experience of managing a nursery setting. The successful applicant will be expected to lead by example. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to really put their stamp on things, train and mentor the team and take the nursery to the next level.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a minimum NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 /C or above
- Have a minimum 3- 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- 3 years experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Good administration and IT skills
- An enthusiastic team member with a can do attitude who is willing to share ideas and expertise
- Flexible, practical approach and willing to ‘get your hands ‘dirty’
- Motivated to develop and maintain high quality provision and practice
- Have a warm and caring nature
- Have an enhanced DBS on the update service or be happy to obtain one
- In return you will receive a competitive salary plus 7% - 10% bonus on any income over target.
This is an exciting time to join ILG with excellent opportunities moving forward.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly