POSITION: Nursery Manager
LOCATION: Westbury House School and Nursery
HOURS: This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week all year round
Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Westbury House School and Nursery, based in New Malden, Surrey.
The Early Years department at Westbury House School consists of three classrooms; one for children aged 2-3, one for children aged 3-4 and the Reception class, for children aged 4-5 years. The experienced and fully qualified teachers and support staff are dedicated to the children at Westbury House, giving them the support, they need to become skilful and confident members of the community. There is a positive attitude to learning throughout Westbury House, with an extensive curriculum and termly school trips. Children leave the Early Years stage with the skills required to excel in the next stage.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week all year round
The role will suit someone who has previous experience of managing a nursery setting. The successful applicant will be expected to lead by example. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to really put their stamp on things, train and mentor the team and take the nursery to the next level.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a minimum NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 /C or above
- Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- 3 years experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Good administration and IT skills
- An enthusiastic team member with a can do attitude who is willing to share ideas and expertise
- Flexible, practical approach and willing to ‘get your hands ‘dirty’
- Motivated to develop and maintain high quality provision and practice
- Have a warm and caring nature
- Have an enhanced DBS on the update service or be happy to obtain one
- In return you will receive a competitive salary plus 7% - 10% bonus on any income over target.
This is an exciting time to join ILG with excellent opportunities moving forward.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly