Early Years Practitioner
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries in the South East of England.
At Corner House Day Nursery all of the practitioners are fully qualified child-care professionals, allowing them to provide pupils with a safe, homely environment to learn. Based in Ealing, London, the nursery is open to both girls and boys from 0 – 5 years old.
We are looking for one successful candidate to work in the Baby Room and one successful candidate to work in the toddler room.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, in a lovely setting within the baby room and toddler room which focuses on children aged between 3 months to 2.5 years.
Children at Corner House Day Nursery are treated as individuals and given the care and attention they deserve. The practitioners are devoted to helping the children create lots of happy memories, whilst their confidence grows and their consideration towards others progresses.
What the role involves:
- Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children.
- Supervising and supporting children at all times.
- Sharing responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room or group.
- Remaining vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately- in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
- Being fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Interacting warmly with children and parents, supporting colleagues to fulfil their key person responsibilities.
- Reflecting on your practice and daily routines and share ideas for improvement with your group members.
- Contributing to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities, helping to ensure rooms are well-resourced and creatively set-up.
- Contributing to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, helping to ensure records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively.
- Providing feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced practitioner with a Level 3 early years qualification.
- Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
- An organised, supportive personality.
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail.
Why come and work for us?
We think taking care of our staff is essential. We have a great team and we want to help our employees grow.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Further on the job training
- Great career prospects
- School / Nursery fees discount across the ILG Group
This role will suit someone who has previous experience in a nursery setting. We offer shift work between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. You will be working alongside other qualified members of staff in a lively and friendly setting!
Your key day-to-day tasks would include:
- Planning of curriculum with room colleagues as per Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensuring you provide a warm and caring atmosphere for the children
- Working as part of a team with shared responsibilities
Corner House Day Nursery part of Inspired Learning Group, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a thriving comp
Apply for Early Years Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly