POSITION: Nursery Manager
LOCATION: Warlingham, part of the Inspired Learning Group
HOURS: 40 Per Week, Full time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Warlingham Park School and Nursery, based in Surrey London.
Warlingnam Park School is a lovely nursery that promotes a caring and nurturing family atmosphere for all. We recognise children learn best when they are actively engaged in meaningful experiences; so, our planning is flexible to enable us to meet the needs and interests of individual children.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week in a lovely setting.
What the role involves:
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Ensure that children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Ensure practice and provisions in the nursery meets the requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow Safeguarding Procedures. Assumes the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion
- Support pre-school staff in delivering the Foundation Stage; ensure that provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the local authority in relation to nursery grant funding for three and four-year olds
- Establish, develop and maintain a highly professional working relationship with relevant local authority department, regulatory bodies and other agencies
- Create a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice throughout the nursery
We’re looking for:
- Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
- An organised, supportive personality.
- Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer:
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- Competitive salary
- Further on the job training
- Day to day support from a strong management team
- Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
Warlingham Park School, part of Inspired Learning Group, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, please apply now!
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly