Part-time – in term time only
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 p.a., pro rata, depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational Nursery Manager (or a Deputy Manager who is ready to move into a Nursery Manager role) to take on the responsibility of leading and coordinating our Steiner/Waldorf Early Years centre. The manager will work closely with the school administrator who is the other member of the leadership and management team.
We are a small, registered independent school, providing experiential, play-based education for children from 3 to 6 years old. Our school’s educational method is based on the ideas of Rudolf Steiner. From this base we continuously review and evolve our understanding and practice to provide a holistic, child-centred education appropriate to the needs of today’s children. The children attend from 9am until 1pm five days a week with optional afternoon club provision on two days a week. Our school is situated close to extensive open spaces and woodland and the children have regular outings to these spaces.
- Support all staff in creating a stimulating learning environment based on Steiner/Waldorf Early Years educational principles and practice, and in line with the requirements of the EYFS.
- To ensure staff accountability and development, promoting reflective, creative, ethical and safe practice.
- To review and update the school’s Self-Evaluation Plan together with the Administrator along with the school’s policies.
- To prepare for school inspections together with the Administrator
- To ensure effective and regular communication with parents/carers, including the organisation of parents’ evenings, workshops, progress reviews and community events
- To operate as Health & Safety Mandate Holder and hold regular reviews of Health and Safety in the setting.
- To liaise with the Bursar and Administrator to manage budgets effectively and to ensure that resources are at the required standard to support high quality practice
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required for the effective and safe running of the setting.
Organisation of the Kindergarten:
- To ensure adequate levels of suitably qualified staff to cover each session.
- To ensure that all documents relating to families and children are completed.
- To ensure that all necessary equipment and supplies for the smooth running of a Steiner Waldorf kindergarten are provided. Safeguarding of Children to ensure that a high standard of care and excellent practice is maintained for all children and their families to guarantee their well-being.
Candidates should have a teaching/Early Years qualification plus two years of teaching experience, preferably in an Early Years/Key Stage 1 environment. Candidates must also have a secure knowledge of the EYFS framework and have excellent organisational and leadership skills. Knowledge of the Independent School Standards is desirable. An interest in and commitment to the Steiner/Waldorf approach to the education of young children is essential.
For a more detailed job description, please take a look at the attached document.
Please contact our school office (0208 341 3770 or email@example.com) for an application form and full details.
The North London Rudolf Steiner School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, trustees, and volunteers to share this commitment.
1-3 The Campsbourne, London N8 7PN, Company Reg. Number: 1930737, Charity Reg. Number: 292776