We are a new venture aiming to transform early education by setting up a pilot network of nurseries delivering excellent, flexible and affordable early education for under 5s and their families. The first Ark Start nursery opened at John Archer in Clapham Junction in October 2020, serving 50 children age 2 – 5. Our second nursery will open in East Croydon in early 2021.
Our ambition is to build a community where children feel happy, safe and secure – a home form home where he or she will learn by playing and having fun, exploring our classroom, the outdoors and offsite in our community. Our curriculum is structured around storytelling and follows the Department for Education’s Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework.
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in their care
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, learn and develop
- To have the skill, creativity, commitment, energy and enthusiasm required to deliver excellent provision
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To work with families and parents / carers
- To keep records of your children’s development and learning journals and share this with parents and carers and ensure all record keeping is up to date and accurate
- Liaise with the local authority and other external agencies as required
- Undertake required domestic jobs within the nursery as required
- Participate fully in team meetings and training
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures within the nursery
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
- Washing and changing children when required
- Ensure mealtimes are pleasant social experience
- Ensure poorly children are tended to and parents informed immediately
- To provide cover when required
- To undertake any other duties as determined by the management.
- Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
- Ensure compliance with Ark Start data protection rules and procedures
- Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
- Work with colleagues and other nurseries and schools in the Ark network, to establish good practice, offering support where required
What We Offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Generous employer pension contribution
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career as part of the wider Ark family, including a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.