Part of Inspired Learning Group –
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Music Teacher
Salary: £ 10,000 - £ 11,000
Contract type: Term Time-38 Weeks
Hours of Work: Part Time/ 16 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2020
Closing date: 30 Oct 2020
Start date: January-2021
Place of Work: KT3 5AS, New Malden, Surrey, South West London
Email us your CV at: email@example.com
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries. ILG currently owns and operates 16 schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 looks after over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a term time, part-time member of staff for our site based in Surrey.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery has a strong family atmosphere and prepares pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. The site is a small, friendly preparatory school which also compromising of a thriving nursery for boys and girls aged 2 years to 11 years old. It together holds places for up to 104 children. Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery has a unique and charming atmosphere, seldom found in schools today. The well-equipped playground provides ample space for outdoor learning and play.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children and their learning and be an inspiring team member for all members of the School community. The School belongs to the ISA with regular ISI Inspections. The school and its nursery deliver excellent standards in pastoral care, spiritual and emotional development, good learning and results for its pupils. We offer shift work between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm for all our nursery staff.
The Executive Leadership Team of the school comprises of the Head and Deputy, along with the Head of Early Years. This team is responsible for the day to day operations for the whole school. The school is supported by the proprietorial group in many aspects including strategy, marketing, education, standards, HR and finance.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils.
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements.
- Honors degree in Music preferred
- Post-graduate certificate in education (QTS).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Music
- Recent experience of working successfully with children
- An in-depth knowledge of the National Curriculum across KS1 and KS2
- A clear understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning and raising standards across the school
- An up-to-date knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the post
Applicants with the following characteristics are sought:
- Enthusiasm, vision, drive, adaptability, and resilience
- High personal standards
- Confident, positive, and approachable
- Flexible and maintain a sound sense of humour
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
- Advocate a sound educational philosophy, with the ability to translate into practice
- Ability to create an excellent learning culture which is recognised by staff, parents and pupils
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time. The review of applications will begin as soon as applications are received. The school group reserves the right to appoint before the stated application deadline date should an exceptionally appropriate candidate be identified.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery is a part of Inspired Learning Group and is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a thriving company, please apply now!