Nursery Room Leader, Camden
We are currently looking for a Nursery Room Leader in Belsize Park in the borough of Camden for a family run setting with an excellent reputation.
- Competitive Salary paying up to £23K per annum Continued support, training and personal development Free lunch provided Shorter Fridays Friendly professional team 45 days holiday per annum Company pension provided
- To provide safe, high-quality education and care for children To fulfil legal and statutory requirements To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis Full time, permanent contract To follow the nursery's procedures and policies
1. To take responsibility for drawing up the long-, medium- and short-term curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
2. To ensure that the room staff members, volunteers, and resources are effectively managed.
3. To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed, and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
4. To draw up and to supervise the daily program of the room activities and events.
5. To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record-keeping so that children’s progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
6. To maintain the key person system and to effectively supervise staff on a daily basis; to monitor the quality of teaching; to participate in staff appraisals and to identify training needs.
7. To ensure records are properly maintained; e.g. accident and medication records.
8. To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the group and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress, and encouraging parents’ involvement.
9. To lead the child-protection aspect in the group and to make sure that any child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately in collaboration with the management team
10. To ensure that the room is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, ensuring that the nursery, all toys and equipment are clean and safe, that standards of hygiene are high and safety procedures are implemented at all times.
11. To liaise and cooperate with the management team, local authority, SENCO coordinator, advisory teacher, pre-school learning alliance, and other professionals as necessary.
12. To contribute to and implement all the Nursery policies and procedures, especially those on equal opportunities, confidentiality, and safeguarding of children.
13. To attend training and staff meetings as required.
14. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Nursery Manager, in accordance with the company objectives
- Proven experience of managing and leading a room in a similar nursery setting. To lead by example, always behaving in a professional manner CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Pre-School Practice, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent. An enhanced DBS check. Sound understanding of child development and of children’s needs. Ability to plan and implement the room curriculum taking in account the SEN code of practice, child protection procedures, and equal opportunity considerations. Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement. Ability to lead and manage a team of adults to deliver high standards and results. Commitment to and understanding of diversity and equality. Ability to manage self and work calmly under pressure. Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people. Ability to write clear reports. Health clearance for the role
We look forward to hearing from you.