Nursery Room Leader
Are are a qualified and experienced Nursery Nurse looking for the next step in your career or a Room Leader looking for a new challenge? If so, please apply today.
This stunning and brand new Nursery is looking for an experience Room Leader for the Preschool Room . Experience of working with children 2-5 years is required.
As a Nursery Room Leader you will be responsible for the running and daily programme of educational activities within your room. You will be a key person in providing positive and secure relationships for the children and their families and play a significant role in each child’s daily care and development.
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the Nursery Manager and the Deputy Manager to ensure that the nursery provides a friendly, caring and a learning environment in order to encourage and develop children within the nursery.
- To ensure all Policies and Procedures are adhered to, including the safeguarding code of conduct and the professional code of conduct.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality within the setting.
- Working in partnership with parents and carers.
- To induct, support and mentor new staff, carry out staff supervise meetings, conduct regular staff assessments, recognising training needs, monitoring training and developing teamwork, jointly with Manager and Deputy Manager.
- To work as part of the team by supporting all staff and engaging in a good staff team.
- To support and supervise the planning and preparation of exciting inspirational activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development and to cover all areas of development within a stimulating atmosphere.
- To ensure all developmental records and observations are maintained using the designated nursery record keeping tools and following both EYFS requirements and the company philosophy.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- Minimum NVQ 3 childcare and education or recognised equivalent.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures.
- A sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years and understanding of the EYFS.
- An ability to lead and manage a team successfully together with good interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of two years post qualifying experience in full day Nursery settings.
The role offers the following benefits:
- A competitive salary package with annual performance related reviews
- A personal development plan to help you reach your goals and targets
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression