Early Years Educator, Qualified Nursery Nurse,
We can offer both full and part time hours.
Nursery Assistant / Nurse – Job Description
Main Purpose of Role:
To be a proactive member of a staff team who provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery.
Below is a list of tasks and responsibilities that you are obliged to fulfil in your role as a Nursery Nurse/Childcare Practitioner:
- To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non- attendance through sickness promptly and appropriately.
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the company’s operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
- To be fully up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by your supervisor and Nursery Manager.
- To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by your supervisor or Nursery Manager.
- To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite and courteous at all times.
- To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your supervisor/Nursery Manager as appropriate.
- To be an effective key person to those children assigned to you and to take on other assigned responsibilities, as requested and advised by your supervisor in line with knowledge and experience.
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
- Involvement and enrolment in company training courses to be undertaken and completed which may, at various times, be outside normal working hours.
- To be involved in developing and delivering a stimulating and creative atmosphere within the group.
- To provide staff cover within the nursery group periodically, as requested by the Management team.
- To attend all mandatory training sessions and workshops (as advised by your manager).
- To attend staff meetings, professional development training and any other events as requested by your Nursery Manager.
- To support and mentor colleagues who are studying for NVQ childcare qualifications.
- To act as a role model for junior members of staff.
- To carry out any other reasonable additional duties as requested by your supervisor and/or Nursery Manager from time to time.
- To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses (in-house and external), receiving constructive feedback and reading relevant material.