Nursery Manager, Wandsworth
4 days left
- Contract Type
Welcome to all outstanding, passionate and ambitious nursery managers!
We are really excited about recruiting for this new manager position located in Wandsworth, South West London, starting Jan/Feb 2021
The nursery ethos is innovative, exciting and based on exciting new values to the Early Years Industry. They are looking for like-minded people who share the goal of creating new and industry-leading examples of Early Years practice and working culture.
The company have deep rooted values based on their core philosophies of empowering, nurturing and loving. They are looking for individuals who would like to come onboard and share their passion and vision. They are looking for exemplary individuals with an outstanding track records and work history.
- Paying up to £50K per annum with generous benefits and performance related bonus; up to 15% of the annual salary
- Continued opportunity for career progression with a fast -moving company
- Company pension
- Complimentary lunch and refreshments
- Cycle to Work Scheme (£100 Cash for purchase of new bicycle to be used for cycling to work)
- Personal development fund of £300 per year
- Mentorship Counselling & Well-Being Support
- Birthday Gifts & Dinner Voucher
- 3 years Retention celebrating 1-week paid holiday with cash bonus
- 28 days Annual Holidays (including bank Holiday) / After completion of 1 year’s work, 1 holiday to be added up to max 33 days/year in total
· Acting as an ambassador for the company in a professional manner
· Understanding and following the Company ethos, philosophies and culture
· Planning, launching, managing and growing your new nursery & pre-school of 110 children capacity from age 0-5yrs in Borough of Wandsworth, London
· Managing and training a team of 20 to 40 practitioners and apprentices
· Achieving target occupancy
· Ensuring that the in-house developed curriculum is well implemented in practice
· Building and developing caring and responsible relationships with parents and stakeholders.
· Monitoring, planning and running logistics, day to day nursery operation including ratios and rotas
· Safeguarding and risk assessing the nursery’s day to day operation in alignment with all policies and procedures
· Assessing areas to drive improvements and escalating to management to drive enhancement and improvement of policies and procedures and practices
· Being the point of contact for health and safety
· Working a flexible shift pattern within the nursery opening hours (7am-7pm)
The right person for the role must have the following;
· Minimum L3 in a recognised childcare qualification
· Early Years Degree would be welcome but not essential
· More than 2 years’ experience as a Nursery Manager at an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ setting OR a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role (Deputy Manager etc)
· Over 8 years in the Early Years Sector
· A firm knowledge of Ofsted standards and requirements
· Experience of large (Over 80 place) or multi-site nurseries in the last 3 years
· Passion and responsibility to identify and solve problems as a leader
· Up to date knowledge of the latest EYFS framework and regulations
· Highly organised, possess excellent communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
· Outstanding interpersonal skills to lead, manage and motivate
· Technological competence
· The ability to speak Spanish would be a bonus but speaking Spanish is not essential.
If you think, you have what it takes for this exciting new challenge and believe you have the leadership skills to empower and nurture, we would love to hear from you!
Due to the nature of the job and the sector, the applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Nursery Manager, Wandsworth
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly