About the company
As a family-first business, our aims are simple. We support the community and families in it to make sure we're contributing at all levels, while giving children a brilliant platform on which to build their education.
Our Key Values are;
Enrich - The lives we touch are at the heart of everything we do.
Play - We bring moments of infectious laughter to create happy memories.
Invest - People are always valued over profit.
Outstanding - Improving today for an even better tomorrow.
Extra Mile - Where others would stop - we do a little bit more.
Transparent - We hold our hands up when things are not right.
Nursery & After School Club Manager
Highly Competitive Salary Negotiable based upon experience
Company Pension Scheme & Awards scheme
We are looking for an experienced Nursery Manager to run our flagship, Outstanding Nursery & Pre-school at The Lime Trees in Burton Joyce. We are looking for a manager who really understands and can share our vision & values. We want to find someone who is passionate about leading The Lime Trees on their continued journey towards being an Outstanding Ofsted provider. Could this be you?
About the Nursery
The Lime Trees Burton Joyce is our flagship nursery serving the rural community village of Burton Joyce and located directly on the site of Burton Joyce primary school. Taking children from 2 years of age until they go to school. We also have a busy and thriving Before & After School Club located in the same building which runs in tandem with the nursery. The nursery runs regular Forest School sessions for children of all ages as well as a range of other extra curricular activities such as singing, dancing and cookery classes.
We are looking for someone who has direct experience of running a currently Outstanding Nursery or Pre-school. We also require you to have a Forest School Qualification as our nursery has regular Forest School sessions that will be expected to lead. You must have an excellent understanding of the Ofsted inspection framework and an up to date knowledge of all Ofsted legislation. We make no apologies for having extremely high standards at The Lime Trees and we expect you to uphold those standards at all times. You must be a team player, and willing to lead a very established team of staff confidently but with care, kindness and consideration.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Hold a current Forest School Leader Qualification
- Have an excellent understanding of child development, the EYFS and the current Ofsted Inspection Framework
- Have a clear understanding about how to provide Outstanding Childcare provision
- Have up to date Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene
- Be an exceptional leader who can develop and mentor your team
- Need a clear and valid enhanced DBS
- Be flexible and hardworking - not a clock watcher!
- Have impeccable interpersonal skills, building relationships with staff, parents, children and support staff
- Be able to build brilliant working relationships to ensure common goals can be achieved
- As manager of our flagship site you will be expected to act as an ambassador and role model for all of The Lime Trees managers across our other sites. This means that you will embrace and demonstrate the company values at all times.
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development at all times in line with The Lime Trees Curriculum.
- You will be expected to adhere to our company policies & procedures at all times.
- You will prepare and lead the nursery confidently in any Ofsted inspections with the vision of maintaining our Outstanding judgement.
- Committed to the safeguarding of all children in the nursery and clubs at all times.
In return, this opportunity offers the ideal applicant a highly competitive salary and generous company pension scheme. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a highly successful, passionate, and caring team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
As part of our on going commitment to safeguarding you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other suitability checks as part of our safer recruitment procedures.