Assistant Kitchen Chef
6 days left
- Contract Type
Part of Inspired Learning Group –
Warlingham Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Assistant Kitchen Chef
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Part Time/ 25 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2020
Closing date: 03 Dec 2020
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: CR6 9PB, Surrey, South West London
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) is a growing group of 16 independent preparatory schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 are responsible for over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
Our schools and nurseries have a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. Each school under the ILG umbrella has its own unique identity and ethos, though all are equally dedicated to our core promise of a broad and balanced curriculum for every child.
We are looking to recruit a member of staff for our site based in Surrey, Warlingham Park Preparatory School and Nursery, Chelsham Common, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9PB. We offer shift work between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about teaching and children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Estimate food consumption and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs
- Receive & examines foodstuffs and supplies to make sure quality and quantity meet established standards specifications
- Select and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge experience in food preparation
- Following all guidelines for food hygiene and health and safety
- Take full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen.
- Working within budget guidelines
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation.
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Service; Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Certificate of completion of any training program in cooking, or vocational school
- Holds a basic food hygiene certificate
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Inspired Learning Group is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Assistant Kitchen Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly