Early Year Practitioner
Part of Inspired Learning Group –
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2020
Closing date: 30 Nov 2020
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: KT3 5AS, New Malden, Surrey, South West London
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) is a growing group of 16 independent preparatory schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 are responsible for over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
Our schools and nurseries have a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. Each school under the ILG umbrella has its own unique identity and ethos, though all are equally dedicated to our core promise of a broad and balanced curriculum for every child.
We are looking to recruit a member of staff for our site based in Surrey, Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery, 80, Westbury Road, New Malden Surrey KT3 5AS. We offer shift work between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about teaching and children’s learning.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent required
- To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager
- To take part in supervisions, reflecting on your own wellbeing and mental health and to seek support from Management when you need it.
- To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
- Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
- Working with parents to support their children.
- Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
- Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
- Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Inspired Learning Group is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).