Deputy Head - Academic and KS 1-2 Teacher
Part of Inspired Learning Group –
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Deputy Head - Academic and KS 1-2 Teacher
Salary: £36,000 - £38,000
Contract type: Term Time-38 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2020
Closing date: 30 Nov 2020
Start date: January 2021
Place of Work: KT3 5AS, New Malden, Surrey, South West London
Email us your CV at: email@example.com
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) is a growing group of 16 independent preparatory schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 are responsible for over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
Our schools and nurseries have a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. Each school under the ILG umbrella has its own unique identity and ethos, though all are equally dedicated to our core promise of a broad and balanced curriculum for every child.
We are looking to recruit a member of staff for our site based in Surrey, Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery, 80, Westbury Road, New Malden Surrey KT3 5AS. We offer shift work between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about teaching and children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Leadership and management of Pastoral System.
- Lead, manage and have strategic oversight of the implementation of the school’s pastoral systems.
- Act with professional integrity always
- Working closely with the AHT Pastoral undertake all the responsibilities of a Designated Safeguarding Lead in the school, including keeping the Executive Headteacher informed of safeguarding issues.
- Maintain school policies and procedures relevant to your area and update whenever required.
- Qualified Teacher Status and evidence of continuing professional development
- To deliver high quality teaching and learning to pupils within year groups of Key Stage 1 to 2.
- To inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning.
- To have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum.
- To prepare and plan for teaching, taking account of the requirements of all children within their class.
- To prepare and develop, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Inspired Learning Group is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).