Nursery Manager - Childcare, Early Years
Brent Cross, London. Full Time, permanent
Are you an experienced manager looking to work for a more forward thinking company where you have more input and your ideas are listened to?
We are the fastest growing childcare provider in the South East, with 6 sites in Milton Keynes, as well as venues in Bury St Edmunds, Leighton Buzzard, Lincoln, High Wycombe, Durham, London and St Albans. In Easter 2014 we opened our onsite day nursery at Topsy Turvy World.
Topsy Turvy World houses a multi-level maze of tunnels, climbs, drops, slides and ball cannons providing endless energetic entertainment for children up to the age of twelve and accompanying adults. We are currently seeking a committed, experienced Childcare Manager to come on board on a permanent full time basis with fresh ideas, and manage and motivate our growing team of experienced Practitioners.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including:
• 50% off childcare (including Holiday Camp)
• Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
• External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss.
• Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
• Free hot lunches every day
• 28 days annual holiday, after 2 years of service these increase by 1 day per year, up to 33 days holiday!
• Free uniform
• NEST Pension scheme for all staff
• Monthly staff lottery and employee of the month
• A company awards ceremony every 2 years
• Ensure the effective daily management of the setting is in accordance with Company Policy, and other relevant legislation; and all Local Authority and OFSTED requirements.
• Ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of all children registered with the Setting.
• Be responsible for Safeguarding in the setting, display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Be responsible for recruitment, management, training and discipline of all settings staff
• Monitor and ensure all agreed Company quality and safety standards are maintained in the setting at all times.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the setting and meet occupancy and financial objectives.
• NNEB, NVQ3, BTEC or other appropriate qualification
• A minimum of three years post qualifying experience with children aged 0 to 5 years
• The ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
• Knowledge and understanding of OFSTED standards
• Knowledge and understanding of childcare management
• Ability to lead childcare team, developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies.
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities
• Experience / knowledge of OFSTED Inspection
• Financial management experience
• Experience with software packages
• First Aid Certificate
In return for your expertise, knowledge and commitment, we are offering a varied and exciting role that you can really make your own, opportunities for further training and career development, and a very attractive salary and benefits package, including performance related bonuses.
Topsy Turvy Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.