Senior Support Manager
Location: Based in the North West, mainly covering Manchester, Chester, Liverpool
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
(Flexibility is required due to the nature of the role)
Just Childcare is a family of private day nurseries with settings in the North West, Yorkshire and Bristol. We’re extremely proud of the outstanding reputations our nurseries have in their local communities, thanks to the hard-work and dedication of our teams.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Just Childcare for a permanent Senior Support Manager to join our Nursery Operations team based between our nurseries in the North West. You would be required to travel between our nurseries.
The post holder will be the primary point of contact for nursery managers.
They will assist and support all nursery managers to achieve outstanding standards of care and education across their sites.
They will assist and support all nursery managers in ensuring they achieve all financial targets set.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a recognised Childcare Qualification
- Have detailed knowledge of EYFS & Ofsted requirements
- Have detailed knowledge of budget management
- Have credibility at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Previous experience of managing an organisation
- Previous experience within a management role ideally as a Nursery Manager
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous multi-site experience
- Ideally have previous experience within the Private Day Nursery Sector
- Hold a clean UK driving licence
- Assist in ensuring all managers are successfully inducted into the Just Childcare family to achieve outstanding standards of care and education in the nursery network
- Support the manager in achieving outstanding standards of care and education in the nursery
- Assist all Nursery Managers in achieving all their targets, including quality, occupancy and financial
- Ensure that all Managers and their environments support the individual childcare needs
- Provide hands on support as necessary for Ofsted preparation
- Assist all Nursery Manages in developing, implementing and achieving their action plans
- Provide support for longer term Nursery Manager vacancies across the group
- Assist Nursery Managers in finance, revenue and cost principles to enable them to manage budgets for revenue and costs
- Any further duties considered reasonable and appropriate for the post holder to carry out
Other Job-related Duties
- To undertake other duties consistent with the scope of the post and within the competence of the post holder as required and directed by the Directors
- All employees are obligated to manage effective personal development as part of the company’s commitment to quality, staff training and development – this involves active commitment to and participation in the appraisal process, during which individual employee developmental needs will be highlighted
- Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regard to safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity in the workplace and other relevant employment legislation. All employees are obliged to adhere to the company code of professional conduct, which is produced in the Employee Handbook
- Act as ambassador for Just Childcare and behave in a manner that upholds the values and ethos of the organisation
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting a quality provision and expects all staff to share this commitment. All nursery staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for Senior Support Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly