Experienced preferably Montessori qualified teacher for accredited & Ofsted outstanding nursery
JOB DESCRIPTION (Montessori Teacher)
The Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment.
The safety of the children is of paramount importance.
- To have a deep understanding and knowledge of the Montessori Approach to Learning and Development.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS, 2017)
- Daily contact with parents
- Liaise with Principal and other staff members - To work flexibly as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- To be responsible for the daily care, welfare and teaching of the group ensuring the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of the children are met
- To be aware of, and take responsibility for, all aspects of health, safety and security in relation to the children attending the nursery
- To adhere to all the nursery’s policies (See Safeguarding and Mission Statement) and participate in the annual review of the school policies
- To arrive by 7.45am until 12.30/12.45 (Mondays – Fridays).
- Maintain the prepared environment and set up accordingly to children’s developmental needs. Team effort – helping with any activities, washing up, general tidying, making teas/coffees with everyone else etc.
- To supervise and observe children at all times whether inside or outside - not to leave the children unattended at any time
- Good communication skills
- To have good written and spoken English
- To be a keyperson to certain allocated children
- To establish staff roles (i.e. Presenter/Overseer/Art – Veranda) on a daily basis and discuss and implement an effective class management to help the smooth running of the day. This can then be discussed and evaluated each half term.
- To ensure the register has been taken each morning and report any absences, accidents or concerns (please include daily registration of staff in your class)
- To have a good working knowledge and ability to use technology as a method of communication, planning, record keeping, newsletters etc.
- To be able to access and respond to emails sent
- To prepare any class work, plans, projects, weekly newsletters and termly letter for parents etc. (rostered)
- To observe, assess and record (whether electronically and/or in writing) childrens’ development in line with Nursery procedures and current practice – Montessori Learning and Development and Early Years Foundation Stage. Some of this record-keeping may have to be done out of school hours.
- To maintain and keep updated the Individual Learning Journey files for the key children
- Where applicable to complete the Statutory Two Checks for any key children and hold a meeting (usually at the Parent/Teacher Meetings) with the parents to share and discuss
- To prepare for (use Parent/Teacher:keyperson meeting forms) and hold two parent/teacher meetings a year to discuss childrens’ development and progress
- To be involved in team planning of appropriate activities, whether inside or outside, to ensure that the children’s developmental needs are met
- To contribute to discussions about children’s development
- To attend any staff meetings; inset days where possible
- To attend staff supervisions
- To be a good role model to all the children. To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment and in upholding the values and ethos of the Nursery
- To abide by the nursery’s confidentiality and equal opportunities policies at all times
- To report any signs of illness or unusual behaviour of a child. In Principal’s absence – report to child’s keyperson or teacher in charge
- Record accidents and incidents following school’s policies and procedures
- In the event of a possible case of child abuse follow the necessary guidelines and procedures respecting confidentiality of information received at all times
- To ensure that the children’s dietary needs are met
- To attend Staff Training Courses to enhance Professional Development
- To read documents emailed/given by Principal on any changes/updates relevant to our daily practice and delivering the EYFS and our Montessori curriculum, eg. Ofsted changes etc.
- Sense of humour and team player essential
Apply for Experienced preferably Montessori qualified teacher for accredited & Ofsted outstanding nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly