Twickenham Green Nursery, a part of Riverside Nursery Schools
At Riverside Nursery School, Twickenham Green, we pride ourselves on offering your children a curriculum that draws inspiration from a range of established and successful pedagogies including Montessori and Reggio Emilia. Together, our educational team focuses on the individual child, encouraging their love of learning and challenging them in a safe and supportive environme
We are searching for a reliable, trustworthy, and innovative Montessori Teacher to join our excellent school. The Montessori Teacher's responsibilities include creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills, assessing children's individual needs, and communicating with parents as required. You should be able to create a nurturing, stimulating classroom where every child feels included.
To be successful as a Montessori Teacher, you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in your students. Outstanding candidates are able to accept failure, learn from their mistakes, and embrace creativity and independence.
Montessori Teacher Responsibilities:
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
- Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
- Interviewing and assisting with the training of all new teachers.
Montessori Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center.
- Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
We offer our staff:
- Excellent salary for experience
- 28 days annual leave
- 50% childcare discount
- A commitment to your continuous professional development with funding available for additional training.
- Access to our incredible Leadership development programme.
- A wider range of career progression opportunities within the group.Employee wellbeing support including free counselling.
- A warm and friendly environment and culture.
- Employee referral bonuses.
Please visit our website www.riversidenurseryschools.com for more information
Riverside Nursery Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.
Apply for Montessori Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly