Nursery Manager, Finchley
Exciting new opportunity- East Finchley
We are currently recruiting for a Nursery Manager to lead, manage a team and grow a new nursery bringing your experience and passion to this large sized setting in East Finchley, London
We have a fantastic opportunity for permanent full-time qualified Nursery Manager- to join the directors in their vision for an outstanding setting. The successful Nursery Manager will be passionate about working with young children, a highly skilled, enthusiastic professional with an ability to motivate and lead a team.. Are you are a Nursery Manager who is looking for an employer who will develop, mentor and support you but give you the autonomy to lead and manage your setting.
Our nursery is looking for a dynamic Nursery Manager with experience and strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate good effective organisational skills and excellent people management skills.
You will be passionate with working with children and have positive attitude to role model behaviours including a strong ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Competitive salary from £38,000-£48,000 per annum
- Performance related bonus
- Excellent ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Full time, permanent role, 40 hours a week.
- Holiday allowance- 24 days plus bank holidays per annum.
- To lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including overseeing planning and record keeping.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Manage the occupancy to ensure it shows growth and meets the business aims.
- Facilitate Ofsted inspections and to implement any recommendations.
- Promote the nursery to current and potential customers.
- Supply accurate monitoring information including occupancy overviews and competitor analysis.
- Maintain accurate accounts for the nursery and produce management information in accordance with company procedures.
- Manage, monitor and control budgets and maintain petty cash systems.
- Prepare salaries monthly and ensure staffing costs do not exceed budget.
- Be responsible for the collection, recording and banking of fees.
- Manage the recruitment and induction procedure for all new staff.
- Maintain accurate staff records including a list of supply staff.
- Hold regular supervisions and appraisals.
- Identify training needs, develop a training plan and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
- Undertake or assist in disciplinary and grievance investigations and meetings with regard to staff.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of regular staff meetings, planning meetings and parents meetings and other events.
- Use the computer effectively for storing information using the nursery software system.
- Support and mentor all staff in carrying out their job roles.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- L3 or above in a recognised UK Childcare qualification
- Able to work as an ambassador for the nursery
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a management role
- Supervisory and team leading skills
- Extensive knowledge of the EYFS
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to liaise with and develop good relationships with parents and staff
- Proven track record of achieving a minimum of 'GOOD' in an OFSTED inspection.
We promise to treat your application in the strictest confidence. We will arrange an informal and confidential chat on the phone and will not send your CV to employers without your consent.
Role starts Feb.