Are you passionate about high-quality preschool education, effective leadership and connecting young inner-city children to nature? We are looking for an inspiring, collaborative and experienced manager to lead and collaborate with our wonderful team.
We are a small nursery of just 24 children, with a unique educational ethos, and boasting a wild and magical outdoor garden space – in the midst of a historic part of central London. We are looking for a strong, communicative, caring and experienced team leader who has a passion to continuously provide the best early years provision, is inspired by the ethos of Forest School, and is committed to the learning and development of both the staff team and the children.
Please apply if:
● You want children to be outdoors as much as possible; it’s not bad weather, it’s bad clothing!
● You always prioritise the needs of the children.
● You have experience of working with a positive and ambitious staff team, who are continuously
working together to assess and implement fun and alternative activities to further children’s learning
● You want to work with like-minded people who recognise the importance of teaching children to care
for one another and for nature.
● You want to facilitate learning experiences which set strong foundations for children to be confident
learners and critical thinkers.
● You want to make a direct impact on providing quality education through training and leading your
● You love sending your colleagues home covered in messy play/mud/paint.
● You are not afraid of holding a handful of worms or finding one in a child’s pocket!
● You don’t think it’s weird when you find your team dancing away like crazy with the children.
● You’re not sure who is having more fun, the children or the staff team?
● You are ready to be inspired by the Collingham ethos!
Essential applicant qualities:
Proven experience of managing a nursery.
Level 3 Childcare NVQ or equivalent.
Proven ability to lead and manage a team of colleagues to deliver high standards and results.
Ability to self-manage self and work calmly under pressure.
An interest in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in both the children’s learning experience
and in the nursery’s staffing and wider culture
Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement.
A love of nature (outdoorsy person)
Creative, resourceful person
Room Leader experience
A Degree in Early Childhood studies
Forest School qualification
SENCO training and experience
Paediatric First Aid certified
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We celebrate the diverse backgrounds that make up our community and consider it important that people a diverse range of backgrounds are represented in leadership positions
To apply: please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org