Room Leader – Head of Room
Room Leader – Head of Room
Salary: £21,000- £25,000 depending on experience
Purpose built Nursery in Wimbledon is looking for Caring, passionate and motivated room leaders to inspire and lead our team of Early Years Practitioners. We have positions free in our Toddler and Pre-School rooms. We always aim to deliver excellent learning and development alongside the highest level of care.
Suitable person must have 1 years’ experience as a Room Leader.
- To work as a leader of the room ensuring that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play opportunities which meet their individual needs.
- To meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS matters, special needs, child protection, health and safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To uphold the nursery vision and comply to the statutory framework for the EYFS.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum maintain accurate, effective and current children’s records.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Key Person procedures within their rooms and to be a Key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow safeguarding procedures.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, area SENCOs and other agencies that may be involved with the setting.
- Promote the nursery to current and potential parents and professionals.
- Support the manager and staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Support and supervise room staff with their day to day duties.
- Support and mentor staff and students.
- Work with other room leaders and the curriculum and staff development manager to ensure the implementation of the EYFS is a consistent approach.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic role model for all staff.
- Show responsibility for participating in all self-development opportunities, including training, appraisals, incentive schemes and supervisions.
- Lead monthly room meetings and attend tri-monthly whole building meetings.
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
In return you will:
- Have an opportunity to work in a nursery which has an outstanding rating from Ofsted.
- Be rewarded with working purpose-built nursery.
- Be able to work alongside a united management team who will support you at all times.
- Be able to bring in your own ideas to help develop your room.
- Have amazing families whose children bring happiness into the building every day.
- Work in a well-resourced nursery where education and happiness is our top priority.
- Be paid a favourable salary which will reflect your experience and qualification.
- Be paid for all staff meetings.
- Be enrolled in a Pension scheme.
- Be offered further training opportunities.
- Have In house training from our Curriculum support teachers.
- Supportive staffing teams.
- Ability to grow into more challenging roles.