Nursery Office Manager
Nursery Office Manager
Reports to: Assistant Principal, Head of EYFS
Start date: March, April or May 2021 by agreement
Hours: Full time equivalent hours - exact hours agreed within 7.45am-5.00pm in term time (limited non-term time working by agreement)
A unique opportunity to take on a leadership role in our brand-new Nursery setting whilst being part of an outstanding all-through academy.
We seek an experienced EYFS practitioner and leader in the Nursery setting, bringing expertise and experience working with young children to provide excellent support and teaching to our pupils. We want to invest in a member of staff for the long term, and support in their development and impact as they lead our nursery provision, working closely with our excellent Head of EYFS and Lead Teacher of Nursery.
KSA is rare in that it is a genuine all-through school – our pupils can go from 2 years to university in our school. We have a brand new nursery building for over 100 pupils for 2-4 year olds on track to open in April 2021, to expand our existing nursery provision for 65 pupils.
In this role you will be the key person in managing the experience of pupils and their parents. You will have a welcoming and warm manner and build confidence in our families.
We have a great team in Early Years and are looking for a Nursery Office Manager who is passionate about helping children love learning and playing in a warm and inclusive environment. We are proud of our woodland garden and are building a Forest School provision.
We hire on values. This means that our teams are made up of like-minded people who share real passion for our mission. We are an inclusive team and we are actively seeking to enhance the diversity of our team. We welcome team members from all backgrounds. We look after our staff with enhanced benefits and ongoing professional and personal development. We’re a school nursery setting which is serving our local community with ambition and passion.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Nursery Office Manager with strong leadership skills to join our growing team.
Day to day you will:
- Be ‘front of house’ welcoming face of KSA to our parents and manage our relationships with our families
- Deliver on the job training, guidance and support to the team
- Be a role model in being part of the team working with children when required
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Be responsible for planning and logistics, running the nursery routine, managing sufficient ratios and rotas
- Risk assess the nursery through the day; maintaining and critically assessing all policies, procedures and practice to drive improvement
- Be willing to be flexible with your hours as required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working and leading in a high-quality nursery setting, including 2 year old provision
- Been a room leader, deputy or manager of a nursery setting
- The relevant Early Years Qualification, Level 3 or above
- Excellent initiative, problem solving and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- A genuine passion for education and making a difference to the lives of children
- Drive and motivation with a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Kind and clear communication with families and staff
- Commitment to KSA’s ethos of high expectations
What we can offer you:
- 11 weeks of paid holiday (including bank holidays; outside of school term)
- Extensive personal development, including being part of the Ark Professional Development community
- Funding and paid time off for training
- Access to the secure Local Government Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay for new parents
- Generous sick pay, leave for dependents and compassionate leave
- Childcare discount for paid places at nursery / priority criteria for children into King Solomon Academy
If you are an outstanding individual who has the relentless drive, boundless enthusiasm and the resilience for a challenging but rewarding new opportunity, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, and to see more information about the school and this role please visit: http://kingsolomonacademy.org/current-vacancies.
The deadline is 11am on Monday 1 March 2021.
To discuss the role, please feel free to email the Principal’s PA, Shaheen Riaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone on 0207 563 6901.