Nursery Practitioner Level 2 or 3
Responsible to: Nursery Manager/Deputy
Little Garden Nursery is purpose designed within a light spacious building. We are surrounded by a garden which allows our children to spend as much time as they wish in the open air. We believe the outside environment is as important as the inside. Direct access to our garden allows them to flow freely between both areas in all weather.
We would like to employ a permanent practitioner who holds Ofsted approved full level 2 or 3 qualification.
- Wages are negotiable depending on experience.
- We offer 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- We pay for training that takes place out of working time.
- Staff training is very important to us and we provide the highest quality training for our staff such as Nursery world training and Anna Ephgrave, "in the moment planning".
- We praise our staff with bonus for their quality work and support.
CACHE level 2 or 3 or any relevant Ofsted approved early years qualification.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fair, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc
Apply for Nursery Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly