Early Years Educator (maternity cover)
Reddam House Berkshire is a co-educational, independent school, housed in a Victorian mansion and set in 125 acres of wood and parkland.
Around 600 students between the ages of 3 months and 18 years are registered here (day students and boarders from age 11+). Children are recognised as individuals with unique skills to celebrate and given tailored support and guidance at each stage of their school career. Our structure of Early Learning School, Junior School, Middle School and Senior School means that every year group works with professionals who specialize and enjoy working with the students in their care.
The unique Reddam House philosophy and our formula for success are based to a large degree on the quality and depth of our curricula, cultural and sporting activities and especially our teaching staff, fully recognising that what goes on in the classroom between teacher and student strongly influences the success of the school.
We are seeking to appoint committed and dynamic Early Years Educators who will be working with children aged 3 months to 36 months providing care, play activities and supporting the EYFS assessment. You will need good communication skills at all levels in order to build relationships with children, parents, and other members of school staff.
This is a maternity cover role to start in April 2021, working all year round, 4 days per week. Opportunities for a permanent position are highly likely to become available during this time or following the maternity cover.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary;
- School’s pension scheme, as well as a death in service benefit;
- Staff at Reddam House are eligible for school fee discounts of up to 50%, subject to their child(ren) meeting the entrance requirements;
- Free delicious lunch each day;
- All staff may park in the school car park.
HOW TO APPLY
For further details of the role, please visit http://reddamhouse.org.uk/contact/work-with-us or contact us at email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 26 February 2021
Reddam House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity.
NB: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Reddam House reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline. We advise early applications are submitted.
Job Title: Early Years Educator, Early Learning School
- Be able to engage with, care for and inspire children;
- Contribute to the day to day organisation and smooth running of the Early Learning School;
- Be responsible at all times as part of the wider team for high standards of care and education of children between 3 – 36 months in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Assist the other staff in giving regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress;
- Prepare the classroom indoors and outdoors and ensure that it is safe, clean and tidy at the start and end of each session;
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment which facilitates children’s autonomous, independent learning and enable children to maximise their full potential;
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers, outside agencies and children including good home-school links;
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate a positive work ethic and strong team spirit.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out basic First Aid duties (training will be provided);
- Be prepared to attend training as necessary ensuring all legislative training is kept up to date;
- To observe and manage all Health and Safety requirements to maintain a safe environment for students, colleagues and parents;
- To establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues and other staff, as appropriate;
- To have a working knowledge of all relevant Policies and Procedures;
- To be committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to achieve their potential and meet the high expectations set for them;
- To carry out any such task as shall be deemed necessary to the smooth running of the Early Learning School.
This job description is not intended to be all embracing and the post holder shall be required to carry out any other duties as directed by their line manager, or other members of Senior Management, commensurate with training and experience.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy (including Child Protection Procedures) at all times.
Apply for Early Years Educator (maternity cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly