Deputy Manager - £21,424 - £26,624 - Brafield-on-the-Green, Northamptonshire
Do you have the experience and knowledge to be a deputy manager of a nursery? If so, Acorn Early Years Foundation are looking for a Deputy Manager to work in partnership with the nursery manager to ensure effective running of the nursery.
The successful candidate is expected to have a good understanding of our core values, ethos and policies and ensure that they are reflected in practice.
The key responsibilities of a Deputy Manager include, but are not limited to:
- To work in partnership with the nursery manager to ensure effective running of the nursery.
- To lead/manage and be held accountable for your designated room/area and staff
- To lead/manage the nursery on occasions when the manager is absent
- To have a good understanding of compliance and how to meet the statutory requirements
- To act as a representative of Acorn and maintain professionalism at all times
- To effectively support coaching and mentoring practices with senior practitioners
- A good working knowledge and practice of the EYFS and safeguarding procedures
Acorn Early Years Foundation is a charitable social enterprise. ‘Putting children first’ is the best way to sum up our ethos. Our core values are:
- Personal: We communicate informally and at a personal level and strive to avoid bureaucratic processes
- Professional: We continually seek to develop the knowledge, skills and qualifications of our staff team.
- Nurturing: Children’s development and wellbeing as individuals is our primary focus, taking a holistic approach, putting children’s needs first
- Outdoor: Learning and play in natural environments is promoted as an essential part of our provision.
- Ethical: We put children before profit and aim to be inclusive and sustainable, both environmentally and financially.
The key skills and qualities of a Deputy Manager:
- Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years/Childcare, and that a graduate or higher level in early years would be an advantage.
- An excellent working knowledge and practice of EYFS and safeguarding procedures, including knowledge of legislations relevant to Early Years, such as the Childcare Act 2006.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
- Prior experience in a similar role preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence talking to external agencies including Ofsted.
(40 hours a week and the shifts can be between 07.15 -18.15)
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send a CV and cover letter via the form below.
Apply for Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly