Nursery Manager – Milton Keynes
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Nursery Manager to join our friendly and experienced team at our nursery at Westcroft District Centre working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Salary will be competitive and inline with industry expectations to be discussed during the appointment process.
We are looking for an ethical, dedicated, and inspirational individual to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in Early Years care, teaching and learning, promote parent partnerships, outdoor learning, continued professional development and be an outstanding leader.
Acorn Early Years prides itself in being a social enterprise that puts children before profit. With a focus on ethical practice, professional development and embedding a culture of excellence, you’ll already be an experienced Nursery Manager, looking for the opportunity to lead one of Acorn’s largest nurseries, ensuring all children and your team have the support, resources, learning opportunities, outdoor experiences and most importantly love and laughter every day!
What you’ll do
- Lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Safeguard and ensure wellbeing of all children and team
- Promote and facilitate close partnerships with parents/carers, your team and colleagues within Acorn
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies
- Continually develop professional learning and share knowledge of developments within Early Years
- Manage marketing drives to drive occupancy and brand awareness
- Manage budgets and ensure efficient staff deployment and use of resources
- Professionally engage with the entire team, ensuring their continued professional development is tracked and supported
- Lead, mentor and guide team members to ensure consistent excellence in all areas of practice
- Work in partnership with the training centre upstairs to provide showcase examples of inspirational nursery practice
Who you’ll be
- Qualified to a minimum of level 3, but ideally level 6, with a relevant early years qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior or management role, with at least a year’s management experience
- Experienced in leading a team
- Proven track record of achieving exceptional standards of early years care and education
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional, ethical, enthusiastic, and dedicated to putting the needs of children first
What you’ll get
- Four dedicated training days for your professional development
- Opportunity to get involved in sub-committees to steer Acorn’s strategy on a wide range of topics
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Up to 26 days annual leave
- Paid sick and Family leave
- 50% childcare discount
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work and Techscheme
- Free uniform
Personal: personalising care and education by treating everyone as individuals through supportive and respectful relationships
Professional: contributing to our learning organisation by continually reflecting and developing the knowledge, skills and qualifications of our teams
Nurturing: the core of Acorn’s ethic of care; professional love within a holistic approach that encompasses education, nutrition and encouragement of healthy lifestyles
Outdoor: A love of the outdoors and an appreciation of the importance of encouraging play and learning in natural environments and every child spending time outdoors every day
Ethical: putting children before profit, and being inclusive and sustainable, both environmentally and financially. Seeking excellence, honesty and integrity in all aspects of Acorn’s work
To apply for this role please send CV and a cover letter via the form below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact our HR Manager, Kieran Glackin on 01908 510309.