Deputy Nursery Manager
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew
Position: Deputy Nursery Manager
Salary: up to £24,000 depending upon experience
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
Start date: 01 April 2021
Place of Work: 57-59 Kew Bridge Road, Brentford, Greater London, TW8 0EW
Email us your CV at: email@example.com
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew based in Brentford, West London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care. We offer shift work between the hours of 7am-7pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience, working in a Preschool /Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior practitioner or room leader role.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
- Ability to co-ordinate in a specific specialist area e.g., SENCO.
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Mathematics (GCSE Grade C or above/ or equivalent)
- Possess a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of appropriate First Aid procedures – possess a Paediatric first aid qualification.
- Possess a Food Hygiene certificate Level 2.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the setting.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff, and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To manage other staff within the preschool nursery. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Director.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)