Deputy Nursery Manager
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Deputy Nursery Manager
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2021
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
Start Date: -Immediate Start
Place of Work: 3 Springfield Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 0BD
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery based in Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience, working in a Preschool /Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior practitioner or room leader role.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
- Ability to co-ordinate in a specific specialist area e.g., SENCO.
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Mathematics (GCSE Grade C or above/ or equivalent)
- Possess a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of appropriate First Aid procedures – possess a Paediatric first aid qualification.
- Possess a Food Hygiene certificate Level 2.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the setting.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff, and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To manage other staff within the preschool nursery. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Director.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).