Early Years Educator / Practitioner
Early Years Educator / Practitioners : Level 2 & 3
Post Title: Early Years Educator
Hours: 40 hours a week
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 per annum
Location 1: St Marys RC Primary School, 7 St Joseph’s Street, SW8 4EN
Location 2: 86-88 Inner Park Road, SW19 6DA
Start Date: ASAP
Imagination Preschool is a brand-new type of preschool where creativity and innovation is at the heart of everything that we do. We like to think that our staff march to the beat of a different drum and think outside the box.
We are a friendly, family run business looking to grow our vision into mainstream early years. Staff attitude is everything to us. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our new, fantastic team!
We have a strong, highly knowledgeable leadership team as well as an excellent staff career development.
A passion to teach and care for the children is essential. The ideal candidate needs good knowledge of the EYFS, with the hands on experience and ability to use this framework to identify individual children's needs and plan accordingly to enhance development through fun, stimulating activities.
Knowledge of safeguarding and understanding of how to implement this in the setting, for yourself, children and staff.
We are willing to take on a Level 3 practitioner who preferably has at least one year’s relevant work experience. If you are keen to take on a new Early Years leadership role, but haven't got any specific room leading experience, please do still get in touch, as for the right candidate, a training programme is available.
- To actively promote and implement the preschool vision, with a clear focus on children’s achievement
- To work alongside other Foundation Stage/Pre-school staff as part of a team committed to working towards the positive outcomes of the Foundation Stage curriculum
- To work with a specific group of children as their 'early years educator', delivering high quality planned activities suitable for their age group and appropriate to their individual needs
- To carry out a 'baseline assessment' on entry to the preschool. To monitor and assess ongoing child development, including target setting. Work in collaboration with the Foundation Stage team to plan children's educational programs
- To share in the day-to-day activities and organisation of the setting and will be expected to spend time supporting play both inside and outside the setting as timetabled
- To participate in the evaluation and observation of children; to participate in the weekly short and long term planning and ensure all continuous planning is up to date
- To maintain Early Years Profile booklets for each child.
- To participate in termly parent evenings and ensure end of terms report are up to date
- To stimulate and nurture your key children’s learning journey throughout the day
- To ensure risk assessments are carried out daily
- To encourage parents to take an active role and interest in their child's development whilst attending the preschool. To work in partnership with parents on issues such as toilet training, behaviour management, and the language development of their child
- To attend any in-service training, staff meetings and any other meetings considered relevant to the position
- To carry out any other duties as required by the manager that is reasonable and is within the remit of the position.
We offer a fantastic package for an experienced Nursery Manager
- A minimum of 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Performance based bonuses
- Excellent In-house training and career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to gain free further childcare qualifications
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
- A culture where we genuinely care about the wellbeing of every single member of the team and are absolutely committed to creating the best environment, where the team can have fun and flourish
- Minimum level 2 or 3 qualification in Childcare such as EYE, NVQ, NNEB, CACHE or recognised equivalent
- Excellent language skills
- GCSE Maths and English, C and above
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent. (51 weeks of the year)
- Childcare: 1 year plus
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred but not essential)
- SEND (Preferred but not essential)
- Food Hygiene ((Preferred but not essential)
Apply for Early Years Educator / Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly