Deputy Pre-school Manager
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider of childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity at our Longstanton Pre-School based in Longstanton, Cambridge. The pre-school is part of a group of full daycare settings across England which provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Cambridgeshire County Council and the Department for Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the nursery.
- Maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment for the children.
- To oversee the planning, delivery and monitoring of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework in accordance with the children's learning and development needs.
- To manage the early years provision, including staffing levels and financial performance in the absence of the manager.
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in working in early education and childcare.
- Ability to inspire people to deliver results, high standards and set clear objectives for self and the team.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: To be confirmed
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.