Early Educator (Forest Learning)
Ark Start: Early Educator (Forest Learning)
Location: East Croydon
Salary details: c. £25k per annum, career average pension scheme + other benefits
Vacancy type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing date: 8 March 2021
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate
Ark Start is about so much more than childcare.
We are a new charity aiming to transform early education by setting up a network of nurseries delivering excellent, flexible and affordable early education for under 5s and their families. The first Ark Start nursery opened at John Archer in Clapham Junction in October 2020, serving 50 children age 2 – 5 and the second opens in East Croydon on 1 March.
Our ambition is to build a community where children feel happy, safe and secure – a home form home where children learn by playing and having fun, exploring our classroom, the outdoors and offsite in our community. Our curriculum is structured around storytelling and follows the Department for Education’s Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework.
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for working with young children and with the knowledge, skill, creativity and commitment to deliver excellent provision directly. We are particularly looking for someone who is experienced in forest school or keen to learn to extend our provision into the outdoors.
Purpose of post:
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in their care
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, learn and develop
- To have the skill, creativity, commitment, energy and enthusiasm required for leading practice
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To work with families and parents / carers
- To keep records of your children’s development and learning journals and share this with parents and carers and ensure all record keeping is up to date and accurate
- Liaise with the local authority and other external agencies as required
- Undertake required domestic jobs within the nursery as required
- Participate fully in team meetings and training
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures within the nursery
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
- Washing and changing children when required
- Ensure mealtimes are pleasant social experience and feed back to parents on any issues
- Ensure poorly children are tended to and parents informed immediately
- To provide cover when required
- To undertake any other duties as determined by the management
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- 11% pension contribution
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career as part of the wider Ark family, including a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
** We are also happy to accept part time and term time applications.
How to apply:
Please apply via on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by 10am, Monday 8th March 2021 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
For a confidential discussion please contact Katie.Oliver@arkonline.org
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.