Learning Support Assistant
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Contract type: Term Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
Start date: 19 April 2021
Place of Work: 57 Thetford Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 5DP
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepares pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- To have qualifications in Maths and English GCSE, grade C or above or equivalent.
- To have Learning Support Assistant Level 3 qualification or higher education qualifications.
- To have the ability to speak and write clearly.
- To have ICT skills to support pupils’ learning.
- An understanding of how to build rapport and positive relationships with pupils.
- An ability to recognise and respect diversity in the classroom.
- Have an excellent team work ethic, contributing to the professional discussions in the classroom.
- Stay up to date on changes in key policies.
- A professional attitude.
- A strong regard for student’s well-being, emotional and physical.
- A positive approach to working with children, and an ability to inspire and motivate them.
- Experience in delivering 1:1 or small group booster session in literacy and numeracy.
- Experience working with children with EAL.
- Experience with gifted and talented children.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).