Learning Support Assistant
Position: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £11 per hour
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Fulltime/ 32 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: The Courthouse, Elm Grove, Walton on Thames, KT12 1LZ
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walton Montessori based in Surrey, South East London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- To have qualifications in Maths and English GCSE, grade C or above or equivalent.
- To have Learning Support Assistant Level 3 qualification or higher education qualifications.
- To have the ability to speak and write clearly.
- To have ICT skills to support pupils’ learning.
- An understanding of how to build rapport and positive relationships with pupils.
- An ability to recognise and respect diversity in the classroom.
- Have an excellent team work ethic, contributing to the professional discussions in the classroom.
- Stay up to date on changes in key policies.
- A professional attitude.
- A strong regard for student’s well-being, emotional and physical.
- A positive approach to working with children, and an ability to inspire and motivate them.
- Experience in delivering 1:1 or small group booster session in literacy and numeracy.
- Experience working with children with EAL.
- Experience with gifted and talented children.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).