Music and Drama Teacher
Warlingham Park Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Music and Drama Teacher
Salary: £18 to £20 per hour
Contract type: 36 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 10 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021
Closing date: 16 March 2021
Start date: 19-04-2021
Place of Work: Chelsham Common, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9PB
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 7.30am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils.
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements.
- Honors degree in Music preferred
- Post-graduate certificate in education (QTS).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Music
- Recent experience of working successfully with children
- An in-depth knowledge of the National Curriculum across KS1 and KS2
- A clear understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning and raising standards across the school
- An up-to-date knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the post
Applicants with the following characteristics are sought:
- Enthusiasm, vision, drive, adaptability, and resilience
- High personal standards
- Confident, positive, and approachable
- Flexible and maintain a sound sense of humour
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
- Advocate a sound educational philosophy, with the ability to translate into practice
- Ability to create an excellent learning culture which is recognised by staff, parents and pupils
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).