College Green School & Services
161 College Road London NW10 3PH
Job Title Nursery Teacher
Name of Head Teacher Wendy Yianni
Salary: M1 – M6 (£32,157 - £42,624) depending on experience
Hours: Full time
The governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate, nursery teacher, who is inspirational, caring and has drive and ambition. We are looking for someone who values and loves outdoor learning as much as indoor. In addition to an open plan indoor learning environment, our unique outdoor area provides children with magical and positive learning experiences in all weathers inspiring and providing exciting and engaging natural learning opportunities and forest school sessions. At CGSS we recognise the impact that being outdoors can have on children's well-being and children and staff often enjoy lying on the field gazing at the clouds looking for awe and wonder.
Our vision is to inspire a life-long love for learning and empower children to be compassionate, resilient and distinctively remarkable.
We to dare to be different. Our school values are to be ACE: advantageous, courageous, extraordinary
Our most valuable asset is the staff team who are all friendly, passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated to creating the best possible care and education for all our children.
Children leave College Green as autonomous passionate learners.
Only nursery school in Brent to have achieved 4 continuous Outstanding Grades from Ofsted.
First Nursery school in the country to achieve gold award for Unicef Rights Respecting School
Only school in Brent to have achieved Natural Thinkers Award.
We can offer you:
- A School located in quiet residential area
- Good accessibility to transport links both buses and tube and trains - Close to Kensal Rise and Kensal Green Stations
- A place where staff well-being is part of our leadership ethos and always a number one priority
- A modern open plan maintained nursery school which is superbly resourced with a lovely garden and daily access to a field
- Well behaved children who are keen to learn and a pleasure to teach
- A happy working environment with supportive and hardworking staff team
- Extensive opportunities to develop professionally
- A school that values creative individuals and supports cross curricular learning approach
- A school which puts the interest of the children and their families first in all that we do
We are looking for:
- A dynamic, inspirational, ambitious, and motivated nursery teacher
- An outstanding, enthusiastic early year's teacher who places children's interest at the heart of everything they do
- A fantastic communicator with excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Someone who is committed to providing high quality learning opportunities in an inclusive environment
- Commitment to ensuring all children make good progress socially, emotionally and academically.
- QTS and a strong knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- An equal love of outdoor learning whatever the weather
For an application form please go to the Vacancies section at www.cgss.brent.sch.uk.
Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits are strongly encouraged. We are open between 8.00 and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Depending on government guidance during the world pandemic we may need to arrange alternative options in place of normal interviews, such as telephone or video-conference interviews with the possibility of onsite interviews in special cases.
We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and well-being on school premises. Candidates will be kept informed of developments via email.
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021 10 am
Zoom interview: Tuesday 13th April
Interview Date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Start Date: September 2021
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.