Come and lead our wonderful, rural Egloskerry Pre-school with its own, purposely designed forest school area and dedicated team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a caring, creative childcare professional to be our Pre-school Manager at Egloskerry Pre-school, near Launceston in Cornwall. Located within the grounds of Egloskerry Primary School, our 20 place setting offers a term-time service for children aged 2-5 yrs and is open from 9am to 3pm five days a week.
We are extremely proud of our environment with a light and neutral main room inside, plus all-weather balcony, garden and forest school area. The children thrive being in the outdoors throughout every season, therefore wellington boots and waterproofs are an essential addition to your uniform!
As the Nursery Manager you will be leading and developing outstanding practice, you'll build strong relationships with families, the wider community and network with other setting leaders across the country. Full induction, ongoing training and support is facilitated by an experienced Childcare Operations Manager and Children's Services team.
- Ensuring that the early years service delivered is of the highest quality.
- Liaising with families about their children's learning and needs.
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements.
- You will responsible for the financial sustainability of the nursery.
- Marketing services within the local community and meeting local needs.
- You will also work with your team to offer a range of services and advise to support parents.
- As a Nursery Manager you will need a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- Proven experience in running or helping to run a similar service.
- The ability to manage resources to ensure the setting's expenditure and income is in line with its budget.
- The ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
- Egloskerry Pre-school is a purpose-built eco-nursery located within the rural village of Egloskerry, welcoming families from not only the immediate village, but also the surrounding areas and the nearby town of Launceston. Due to its locality, staff find driving to the setting essential.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal; and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
Hours per week: 33
Weeks per year: 39
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.