Early Years Educator/Room leader
Early Years Educator Level 3 or above/ Nursery Room Leader –
Main Purpose of Role:
To be a proactive staff member/ team leader managing a staff team to provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which nursery children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery.
Main duties of role:
Below is a list of tasks and responsibilities that you are obliged to fulfil in your role as a Early years Educator/Room Leader:
- To manage a staff team ensuring that you are working with staff in planning daily activities that promotes the EYFS areas of learning for the children in your care.
- To ensure that staff are up to date with Tapestry and that meaningful observations are undertaken throughout the day to support an individual child’s progression
- To ensure daily risk assessments are completed in the room and surrounding areas including outside in the garden and on outings. To bring to the attention of the deputy or manager anything of concern.
- To develop good partnerships with parents/carers, whilst maintaining a professional approach, to ensure that they are well informed about their childs daily activities and with the service
- To ensure that each child learning is maximised through a clear daily structure and progression
- Proactively develop relationships with the community.
- Have regular briefing sessions with your team to keep them up to date on the latest developments, to ensure smooth running of the service and to develop new ideas for the nursery.
- To moderate team’s work ensuring a consistently high standard is achieved.
- Ensure that Ofsted inspections are prepared for and your team are aware of what is required.
- To ensure that you work with the manager to present an excellent environment for prospective or new parents.
- To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non- attendance through sickness promptly and appropriately.
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the company’s operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
- To be fully up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by your supervisor and Nursery Manager.
- To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by your supervisor or Nursery Manager.
- To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite and courteous at all times.
- To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your supervisor/Nursery Manager as appropriate.
- To be an effective key person to those children assigned to you and to take on other assigned responsibilities, as requested and advised by your supervisor in line with knowledge and experience.
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to the children and their family, your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
- Involvement and enrolment in company training courses to be undertaken and completed which may, at various times, be outside normal working hours.
- To be involved in developing and delivering a stimulating and creative atmosphere within the group.
- To provide staff cover within the nursery group periodically, as requested by the Management team.
- To attend all mandatory training sessions and workshops (as advised by your manager).
- To attend staff meetings, professional development training and any other events as requested by your Nursery Manager.
- To support and mentor colleagues who are studying for NVQ childcare qualifications.
- To act as a role model for junior members of staff.
- To carry out any other reasonable additional duties as requested by your supervisor and/or Nursery Manager from time to time.
- To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses (in-house and external), receiving constructive feedback and reading relevant material.
Apply for Early Years Educator/Room leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly