Nursery Manager, Elephant and Castle
Purple Dove are working in partnership with a new and innovative Nursery provider located in the heart of London, in Elephant and Castle.
They have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced nursery manager to join their team as soon as possible
SALARY: Paying up to £39,000 per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Rewards
- Exclusive Employee Lifestyle & Learning Discount Platform
- Referral bonus for introducing new employees
- 20 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Holiday increments based on length of service
- Further development and training within the industry
- Progression opportunities within the company
As Nursery Manager you will be responsible for the overall management and delivery of a high-quality early years & after school service. The Manager will ensure that all good practice standards are met in the delivery of an early years education and care programme. The childcare practice in the service should be regularly reviewed and evaluated to ensure high quality standards are continuously developed and maintained. The Manager will be responsible for the efficient financial management and operations of the service. This role also requires the Manager to liaise with the local childcare committees, Otsted and other relevant organisations as required.
Main challenges of this role are the delivery of high-quality childcare and education, providing professional leadership and support to staff whilst promoting positive relationships with children, parents and other colleagues, including external parties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promoting the nursery in the local community through effective marketing
- To take day to day responsibility for children & staff
- Developing & maintaining documentation of curriculum & learning
- Maintain all records as required by Ofsted.
- Network with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Liaise with members of the wider community, bringing members of the community into the service
setting for educational purposes.
- Comply with all regulatory standards as set out by Ofsted, the early years foundation standards and
• Operate the company within the given financial budget and liaise with the CFO/Accounts Department as appropriate.
You will need:
· Minimum of 3 years management or supervisory experience withing an early years setting.
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of inclusive early childhood education and care
· Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
· Understanding and experience of social inclusion and disability issues
· Ability to plan and implement a curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities’ considerations.
· Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, together with knowledge of G Suite.
· Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or higher.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Apply for Nursery Manager, Elephant and Castle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly