Required from September 2021
About Minors Nursery School
The Minors Nursery School is a thoroughly happy, caring and safe place where every child feels valued and can develop into an independent, confident individual. We provide an excellent foundation on which every child can build their future education within a caring, secure and stimulating environment.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Key Person to join our team.
About the Alpha Plus Group
The primary purpose of the Alpha Plus Group is to develop excellence in education through well-directed investment and professional management. The Gold Standard is the Group’s vision of educational excellence. It comprises two dimensions:
- Cultural - fostering high aspirations and expectations of staff and pupils, always recognising that excellence is a never-ending pursuit
- Operational - robust governance through which schools, colleges and central services are simultaneously supported and challenged in their pursuit of excellence
Centres of Excellence
The group recognises that great schools have their own identity and ethos and seeks to preserve such independent values. Whilst the interpretation and execution of ‘excellence’ may therefore vary across the Group, many elements, such as outstanding leadership, and passion and pride in teaching and learning, are common to all. Each centre retains its own identity, with the Heads and Principals afforded significant management authority, but with the benefits of financial security, camaraderie and opportunities for sharing best practice by belonging to one of the country's leading educational groups.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Key Person to join our team at Minors.
Duties and responsibilities
This is a class-based position and will involve but is not restricted to the following:
- Teaching all areas of the foundation stage as per the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Being responsible for your own group of ‘Key Children’
- Making observations, assessments and recordings of children's development. Planning activities in response to children’s next steps.
- Maintaining an exciting and absorbing learning environment for all children in the class.
- Interacting and supporting children in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning and secure progress
- Working in partnership with parents to secure the best possible outcomes for children
- Commitment to continue to develop as a professional
A salary of £22,000 - £26,000 per annum is offered to the successful candidate depending on qualifications and experience. The working weeks are term time only and the hours of work are 07:45 – 16:45, Monday to Friday.
Early Years education should be a passion of yours, and to be considered for this position you must hold a nursery nursing or teaching qualification, such as an NVQ level 3 or 4 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development or equivalent Early Years qualifications. At least two years' experience in Early Years settings is desirable and knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage is essential, as is a commitment to excellence.
Aside from joining a motivated and cheerful team, employees enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Alpha Plus Group Personal Pension Plan
- Access to our dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including access to free online training for over 100 courses
The Alpha Plus Group and The Minors Nursery School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as a prospective employee you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation. This role is subject to a number of pre-employment checks, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with Barred List clearance.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 16 May 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 May 2021.
Please apply via the Alpha Plus Careers Site.