Reggio Emilia Early Years Practitioner
Alexandra Park Children´s Learning Community – Whalley Range, Manchester.
Early Years Practitioner
Alexandra Park Children´s Learning Community is a Reggio Emilia inspired children´s learning community consists of a nursery, kindergarten and an over 5’s provision for children up to 11.
Our nursery is a bit different. We have chickens, a large allotment, art and artists....
We are currently looking to welcome an early years practitioner to join our lovely team at our nursery. You will work with other team members in a room of a maximum of 20 children either in our nursery or Kindergarten.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our successful 80 place setting, where the Managers believe strongly in rewarding staff and helping them to develop.
Full-time, Monday to Fridays, 37.5 hours per week. Shifts between the hours of 7.30am and 6.00pm.
Salary: Starting salary £16,477
Benefits to working at Alexandra Park Children´s Learning Community as a Nursery Practitioner:
- Free vegetarian food including lunch, homemade by our chefs
- Caring, supportive environment and culture
- Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
- Long service rewards
- Extra hours paid as time off in lieu
- Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
- Paid training hours
- Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
- Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
- Opportunities to be involved in training external professionals
If you are truly passionate about children and want to be part of a new dynamic team that is looking for its future Managers and Leaders of Pedagogy, please get in touch!
- Implement a quality child care and education approach in line EYFS
- Support other staff within the group
- Communicate positively and openly with children on an ongoing basis
- Create a stimulating, positive and appropriate environment to foster and support development
- Conduct observation and evaluation of children's development
- Provide physical care, assisting children in daily routines and meal times
- Respond to the emotional needs of the children
- Maintain up to date records for key children within the group
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in childcare
- A creative and cooperative team person
- Committed to excellence in early childhood education and care
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of alternative education methods
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach or willingness to learn about it
- Positive, energetic ‘can do’ attitude.
If you are interested please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about us on our website: www.alexandraparkclc.co.uk
Apply for Reggio Emilia Early Years Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly