Senior Nursery Worker
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider of childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Nursery Worker at our West Street Nursery based in Erith. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries across England which provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the London Borough of Bexley and the Department for Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- As a Senior Nursery Assistant you will provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the nursery.
- Maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment for the children.
- Be responsible for Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum planning, staffing levels and behavior management. within your specific area.
- Run the nursery in the absence of the manager and deputy manager.
- As a Senior Nursery Worker you will have a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in working in early education and childcare.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: 11th May 2021
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.