2 days left
- Contract Type
Come and lead our award-winning, Ladywell Pre-school with its 'forest cafe', curiosity approach and dedicated team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a caring, creative childcare professional to be our new Pre-school Manager at Ladywell Pre-school, in Lewisham. Located between Crofton Park and Ladywell stations, our popular 28 place setting is based at Ladywell Children's Centre with good links within the community. We deliver a term-time service for children aged 2-5 yrs and open from 9.15am to 3.45pm five days a week, 38 weeks each year.
We are extremely proud of our setting and staff team who have established an environment full of awe and wonder with natural resources galore, a delightful garden and forest school area. The children thrive being in the outdoors experiencing every season, therefore wellington boots and waterproofs are an essential addition to your uniform!
As the Pre-School Manager you will be leading and developing practice, aiming for outstanding at our next inspection. You'll maintain strong relationships with families, the wider community and network with other setting leaders across London and beyond. Full induction, ongoing training and support is facilitated by an experienced Childcare Operations Manager and Children's Services team.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- Ensuring that the early years service delivered is of the highest quality.
- Inspiring your team, role-modelling practice, coaching & leading supervisions to develop their individual skills
- Liaise effectively with all families, sharing information and ideas to promote home learning
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements.
- You will responsible for the financial sustainability of the nursery.
- Marketing services within the local community and meeting local needs.
- You will also work with your team to offer a range of services and advise to support parents.
- As the Pre-School Manager you will need a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- Proven experience in running or helping to run a similar service as a Manager, Deputy or experienced Senior within a pre-school or nursery.
- The ability to manage resources to ensure the setting's expenditure and income is in line with its budget.
- The ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
- Must live within reasonable commuting distance to the Pre-school and knowledge of the local area is an advantage
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.