Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week, term time only (44.26 weeks)
OUTL4, (7-10) £11.92 - £12.58/h (£15,829.61 - £16,699.72 actual salary)
Responsible to: Head of School
Do you want to join an Outstanding Trust and want to be part of a team that is on an exciting journey? Astrum Multi Academy Trust is a highly respected trust formed 2017 catering for pupils with a range of Complex Special Educational Needs and disabilities. We are seeking to appoint LSA’s who are professional, dedicated and prepared to have a lot of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day. Our Schools are all based across the London Borough of Redbridge and have great transport links from London and Beyond.
Newbridge School is a three times Ofsted outstanding and Nursery World award winning, forward thinking, highly specialised day school for children and young people ages 2- 19 years old. Newbridge School is across two sites, Lower and Upper School.
Hatchside School, is a new school that opened April 2021. It caters for pupils aged 2-7 years of age with a focus on Early Intervention and Assessment.
We are seeking to appoint highly motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistants to be part of our schools:
- A fun-loving attitude that makes every child/young person feel valued as playing and interacting with the learners is essential.
- A high level of multitasking is essential - this is a busy hardworking environment.
- A calm and sensitive approach
- A willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities to best support our pupils
- Resilience- as there are times when things are a challenge both mentally and physically
- Have NVQ2 in childcare or equivalent qualification.
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel special and important to many children and young people and their families. There is simply no other job quite like it.
We are dedicated to providing a range of induction and continuing professional development opportunities to the successful candidate and look forward to hearing from applicants with suitable skills and experience.
The school is strongly committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People. The successful applicant shall be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and other safer recruitment checks.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact us on 020 8590 7272.
To apply, please send your completed application form to The HR officer at: Astrum MAT, Newbridge School, 161 Gresham Drive, Chadwell Heath, Essex, RM6 4TR or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form can be found at the bottom of this advert.
Closing date: 20th May 2021
Shortlisting to be held: W/C 24th May
Interviews will be held on: TBC