Early Years Practitioner
(must have Level 3 in a recognised childcare qualification)
Reports to: Assistant Principal, Head of EYFS
Start date: 1st September 2021
Salary: Ark band 3 (full time salary: £ 22,206- £23,427; actual salary: dependent on exact hours worked)
Hours: Term time only; Part time or full time (~8am – 12pm, 1pm, 4pm, 5pm or 6pm). 3 to 5 days a week. Exact work arrangement agreed on appointment., term time only
Exact hours and days flexible, agreed on appointment.
A unique opportunity to be part of an outstanding academy and be part of an exciting new team in a new nursery setting.
We seek an Early Years Practitioner in the Nursery setting, bringing expertise and experience working with young children to provide excellent support and teaching to our pupils. We want to invest in a member of staff for the long term, and support in their development and impact as they work within our new nursery provision.
KSA is rare in that it is a genuine all-through school – our pupils can go from 2 years to university in our school. We have a brand new nursery building for over 100 pupils for 2-4 year olds on track, opened in April 2021, to expand our existing nursery provision for 65 pupils.
In this role you will be a key person in managing the experience of pupils and their parents. You will have a welcoming and warm manner and build confidence in our families. There is the opportunity to work with 2-3 year olds or 3-4 year olds.
We have a great team in Early Years and are looking for an Early Years Practitioner who is passionate about helping children love learning and playing in a warm and inclusive environment. We are proud of our woodland garden and are building a Forest School provision.
We hire on values. This means that our teams are made up of like-minded people who share real passion for our mission. We are an inclusive team and we are actively seeking to enhance the diversity of our team. We welcome team members from all backgrounds. We look after our staff with enhanced benefits and ongoing professional and personal development. We’re a school nursery setting which is serving our local community with ambition and passion.
Day to day you will:
- Work effectively with children, helping them to develop and learn
- Be a key worker to identified group of pupils
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working effectively in a high-quality nursery setting, ideally including 2 year old provision
- The relevant Early Years Qualification, Level 3 or above
- Excellent initiative, problem solving and organisational skills
- A genuine passion for education and making a difference to the lives of children
- Drive and motivation with a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Kind and clear communication with families and staff
- Commitment to KSA’s ethos of high expectations
What we can offer you:
- 13 weeks of holiday (including bank holidays; outside of school term)
- Extensive personal development, including being part of the Ark Professional Development community
- Funding and paid time off for training
- Access to the secure Local Government Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay for new parents
- Generous sick pay, leave for dependents and compassionate leave
- Childcare discount for paid places at nursery / priority criteria for children into King Solomon Academy
If you are an outstanding individual who has the relentless drive, boundless enthusiasm and the resilience for a challenging but rewarding new opportunity, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, and to see more information about the school and this role please visit: http://kingsolomonacademy.org/current-vacancies.
The deadline is 11am on Friday 21st May 2021.
To discuss the role, please feel free to email the Principal’s PA, Shaheen Riaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone on 0207 563 6901.