Early Years Manager
Ministry of Defence (MOD) Schools
Early Years Manager
Akrotiri Early Years Setting in Cyprus
Vacancy Number: 117242
Closing Date: TBC
Salary: Minimum - £33,000
Required for September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
MoD Schools are looking to appoint an inspirational leader of Early Years Education. We are looking for someone who shares our vision to be wonderful in every way; someone who is bursting with enthusiasm and great ideas. You will have a superb understanding of child-development and you will be focused on delivering excellent standards of care and education. You will have a natural infinity with parents and understand our unique military community. As Early Years Manager, you’ll lead a brilliant team using your existing skills, experience and passion for learning. You will know how you will support the team to provide the very best curriculum, follow children’s interests and scaffold children’s learning in extraordinary and enabling environments here in Akrotiri.
You'll love working with children, and you will motivate, lead, role-model and inspire your team of leaders and practitioners and help them to grow as educators.
The Early Years Manager (EYM) must meet the following essential criteria:
- Full and relevant Level 3 Early Years Qualification as a minimum.
- Proven experience of an Early Years Management position, implementing the EYFS across the Birth – 5 age range for a minimum of 3 years.
- Proven experience working in a demanding, full-time setting, leading a team of at least 7 early years practitioners.
- Knowledge and understanding of key changes in the proposed new Ofsted framework September 2019.
- Proven experience of undertaking preparation and participation of an Ofsted early years inspection.
- Is knowledgeable and proven experience of working with babies and young children under 2 years.
The Early Years Manager (EYM) plays a crucial role in the operational delivery of MoD Early Years Foundation Stage Provision. The EYM is responsible for the safe and highly effective delivery of early years care and education and will work to make certain that provision meets the needs of the priority groups as defined by MoD Policy. The EYM will provide first-line management to the Deputy Managers in the setting and will be the lead professional for all staff and resources required to successfully deliver early years care and education.
If you have a proven track record of outstanding leadership and practice within an Early Years setting and would like further information about the post, including instructions on how to apply, then please use the link below to access the full advert on Civil Service Jobs
The MoD is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the stated requirements. If you would like any further information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.