Music and SEN Support (Fixed term for Maternity Cover)
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Music and SEN Support (Fixed term for Maternity Cover)
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on qualification and experience
Contract type: 36 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Temporary
Date Posted: 3 June 2021
Closing date: 2 July 2021
Start date: 1 Sept 2021
Place of Work: 8 Queens Road, Kingston, KT2 7SH
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is a highly successful, flourishing co-educational independent day school for children from 2 to 11 years, based in Kingston in South West London that enjoys a national reputation for its innovative use of technology, performing arts provision and its emphasis on sports and physical activity. It is proud to be recognised as an Apple Distinguished School and offers a balanced and rich curriculum.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• Qualified Teacher Status/PGCE
• Good honours degree in the subject - First or upper second
• Recognized National Qualification for SENCOs
• Ability to teach and lead whole school assembly singing and accompany on the piano.
• Ability to lead and organize the school Choir
• Up to date with professional developments in the subject and other aspects of education
• Experience as a subject teacher from R-KS2
• A sound awareness of the impact of ICT in education
• Grade 6 or above instrument/piano/voice/musical skills
• Knowledge of relevant legislation - in particular of the SEN Code of Practice and Pupil Premium, equal opportunities and disability discrimination legislation and how these apply to pupils with Statements/ Education Health Care Plans as well as those without
What we offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual salary review
• A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
• On the job training and qualification
• Day to day support from a strong management team
• Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
• Childcare fee discount
• Annual Christmas Event
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with annual leave increasing with service
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Music and SEN Support (Fixed term for Maternity Cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly