Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Gap Student
Contract type: 36 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Temporary
Date Posted: 03 June 2021
Closing date: 02 July 2021
Start date: Immediate
Place of Work: 8 Queens Road, Kingston, KT2 7SH
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is a highly successful, flourishing co-educational independent day school for children from 2 to 11 years, based in Kingston in South West London that enjoys a national reputation for its innovative use of technology, performing arts provision and its emphasis on sports and physical activity. It is proud to be recognised as an Apple Distinguished School and offers a balanced and rich curriculum.
The School is seeking a Gap Student to support teachers in various parts of the school. The post will mainly involve working as a member of the Sports department and supporting the Head of PE and Games who oversees all aspects of sport and physical activity. The School’s main aim is to provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, covering the academic, artistic, and physical elements that are crucial for the development of the whole child.
This role is a great opportunity for those who are planning a career working with young people and who need experience to get their first job or get onto a course. You can prepare for a career working with children and demonstrate the impact you can have on their lives. It is a one year post which gives you an insight into a range of roles on offer in schools
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· The candidate will help with administrative work, lunch duties, sports arrangements, lessons and matches.
· The candidate will learn to plan, organise, support, extend and enrich the lives of children and be a reliable team player and will work with children in all age ranges from the Nursery to Prep.
· The Gap student will start the day with Breakfast Club which operates daily from 7.30 a.m. and may need to work occasional weekends to support fixtures.
· We set high principles of learning for all children in a caring and supportive environment, and you will help to promote our ethos in encouraging enquiring minds and building pupil’s strengths, interests, and experiences. In addition, you will be required to set and maintain high educational and moral standards, undertake other appropriate duties as maybe required, participate in, and organise extra-curricular activities and support the school activities.
· The candidate will also promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact. We pride ourselves in fostering excellent home/school relationships with parents and you will be expected to have strong communication skills.
· No qualifications are required but a keen interest in sport and working with children is essential. You will be entitled to breakfast, lunch, and evening meal as well as sports clothing and personal iPad device.
What we offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual salary review
• A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
• On the job training and qualification
• Day to day support from a strong management team
• Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
• Childcare fee discount
• Annual Christmas Event
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with annual leave increasing with service
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Gap Student
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly